Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Mom Again

It has been way too long, but being pregnant for the second time took all of the ooomph out of my sails. The good news is that I survived the pregnancy and have a beautiful son, Zach to show for it. He is exactly 13 days old. I love being the Mom of two, but am having a hard time managing my need for sleep. Go figure. Should I be sleeping right now that both of the chitlins' are out? Probably. And yet, I'm watching "So You Think You Can Dance"! I love Kent!

I just thought I would share the little bit of satisfaction I got this evening. Daniel promised me that he would be home from work to help me with bedtime since Monday night I had a screaming newborn while attempting to bathe my toddler and put her to bed. He promised. Well, dinner, bath and jammies came and went and he finally walked in right when we were getting her prayer book out. I was slightly more than irritated since I had the gracious offer of a friend to come help me with bedtime and I turned her down. He promised.

Well, I held my temper and just asked him to hold Zach while I pumped. Pumping breastmilk is just the bane of my existence...hate it. Let's just say I have these massive boobies that make massive amounts of milk when drank from by a newborn vampire, and yet when the machine tries to access the dairy production...the girls only give up 1-2 ounces at a time. Argh! I digress. Well, while I'm attached like Elsie to the pump...Zach pees through his diaper all over Daniel. Sweet satisfaction. I simply remarked..."good luck with that".

A few minutes later, after Daniel has changed him and I have detached from the milk machine...he stops me mid-stride. "I need you to do something for me...check his onesie and his belly button". I asked him if "it" came off...yes. Let me preface by saying that Daniel HATES belly buttons...the idea of them, touching them, it being touched...HATES. And Zach's belly button stump chose this perfect moment to finally release! Sweet satisfaction.

Off to feed the vampire and attempt an hour or so of sleep. Hoping to make this a regular thing. Night.

1 comment:

Melissa D. said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying having two. Aside from the lack of sleep, I really enjoy infants, but oh how I hate the breast pump. uck . . . you are not alone in that!