Thursday, October 29, 2009

That's Not Me

Some of us are housekeepers, right? Some of us are very tidy, but not so clean. Some of us are tidy and clean to an extreme. Some of us are not tidy or clean. Etc. I strive to be both tidy and clean, and yet I am not.

I know that my friends say their houses are a mess, but I feel like I am constantly battling my house. Your home should be your haven, your nap-mat, your warm bath and a cup of hot chocolate and a good book! I often feel a prisoner in my own home.

The clutter

The dust

I will finally get my kitchen counter cleared off and somehow, twenty-four hours later...mail from a thousand mailboxes has deposited itself there along with Claire's shoes, a bag of half eaten pecans, and coupons I have not yet clipped.
This phenomenon is going to be the end of me I tell you.

All I ask is for some tips on how to keep things manageable. I understand my house will not always be clean and that the laundry will not always be done. I understand. I just need a plan, a recipe if you will, for order. Tell me please...and I will do it. Please take into consideration I have a toddler following me around throughout the day, which causes a great deal of joy and inability to focus on toilet cleaning.

Help me I say...I'm buried!
k

3 comments:

Melissa D. said...

we always seem to have at least one pair of toddler shoes somewhere around the house. ughh.

Anonymous said...

oh gosh, you and me both, lady. every trash day I resolve that next trash day I'll clear out half the office (and it will go into a landfill, I know, I know). when my rubberband finally snaps is when no one can find clean underwear, counter space or a clean coffee cup that's not in the car. makes me insane, the constant battle, constant clutter. when we had tv i watched a lot of how clean is your house for tips, though. - amy p

Anonymous said...

PS - the lady who cleans our house twice a month will fold enormous piles of laundry (covering half the bed) and do dishes, as well as the ordinary stuff....I write checks using her real name. - hee hee, Amy P