Sunday, August 9, 2009

Surrendering...

Let's get it started. To those of you who are married or have a significant other...at what point do you surrender to them. And by surrender, I don't mean "that" way you pervs! I mean in the way that if they hurt you or were hurt, it would almost kill you? Let me rephrase...my little teenage world was rocked by Michael in high school...I was in love and was crushed when it ended. Yes, this was teenage love...leaning against the wall outside of the movie theater...I'm thinking of where we are going to live when we get married and how many children we are going to have. He is thinking "when do I get to touch her boobs"! So, despite the depth of the relationship for him, it was deep for my 14 year old mind and it broke my heart. Hence, I have built the wall of china around it! My husband, who is my soulmate has been chiseling away at the thing for six years!

So, at what point do you throw caution to the wind and throw your heart on that butcher block...exposed. I just watched 20/20 and it was about a baby born with his heart on the outside of his body. That's what I'm afraid that vulnerability would be for me. But, thanks to his chiseling, and hacking, and chiseling...he is slowly finding that exposed place. I love him for his tenacity ;-)
k

No comments: